This is a 45 minute circuit based bootcamp class. We will use bodyweight exercises and equipment such as battle ropes, plyo boxes, dumbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, sled pushes, tire flipping and more! This is a fast paced and fun class! We use several different formats and always change it up! Coached by Jackie
WOD (Workout of the Day)
This class is about 45 minutes long, using equipment and /or bodyweight and could be anything from a partner workout, circuits, AMRAP (as many rounds as possible), EMOM (every minute on the minute), tabata or anything else the instructor comes up with! Coached by Jackie or Lisa
Axis Is a 30-minute focus on your foundation - the core. Create stability from the AXIS, the middle of your body, the basis of all movement, then layer on mobility, strength and power. Coached by Lisa
Kettlebell AMPD takes heart-pumping music and your favorite kettlebell moves and combines them into calorie-torching fun! This whole-body workout emphasizes group fitness and focuses on specific areas such as arms, legs, core, and cardio. Coached by Lisa
Zumba Fitness is a Latin inspired cardio dance workout that uses music and choreographed steps to form a fitness party atmosphere. While many of the types of dance and music featured in the program are LatinAmerican inspired, classes can also contain everything from jazz to African beats to country to hip hop and pop. Come join the party! Coached by Nicole
Next PrettyFit Kids Bootcamp Session - 7/16 - 8/20
Early registration by 7/12 - $60
Late registration after 7/12 - $72
What is High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
Metafit is the true HIIT workout and is designed to boost your fitness, rocket your energy levels & get massive results in the shortest amount of time possible.
It gets results because it…
- Creates a Metabolic Disturbance
- Increases your Resting Metabolic Rate (the afterburn)
- Increases Fat Burning
- Works your major muscle groups functionally: mimic’s everyday movements
- Depletes glycogen stores
- Bodyweight training (resistance training - MetaPWR)
- Time efficient: 30 minutes high intensity class
- Whole body workout
‘Fat Burning Zone’ training vs High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Fat Burning Zone (endurance)
- 30 min workout = 350kcal
- Afterburn = less than 200kcal
- HIIT (true HIIT)
- 30 min workout = 500kcal
- Afterburn = up to 1000kcal
The "afterburn" from a Metafit/MetaPWR workout lasts a minimum 24 hours and up to 48 hours after the workout! That means you are burning fat even in your sleep!!
Why 30 Minutes?
- HIIT is short bursts of maximum exertion, if it lasts an hour it’s not HIIT
- It’s quality not quantity
- Classes that last an hour must be based around endurance & aerobic training (cardio)
Everyone works at their own ability and pace unlike other classes where you all perform movements in sync. There has been someone in their 70’s working side by side with someone in their 20’s or someone new to exercise next to someone who’s been training a while. One can be doing the advanced option, going faster/deeper/higher while the other can be doing the easier exercise variation and slow it down. They both would still be working at their maximal effort because everyone’s maximal is different.
Using more than one joint at a time. The exercises are designed to be functional and mimic everyday movements and muscles are built in symmetry preventing imbalances. Using lots of muscles at once will burn more calories, therefore is more efficient and effective.
Core & Abs
Metafit is loaded with core exercises. Unlike situps which work one particular muscle group in your abs, Metafit will work all the muscles in your abs, your lower back, shoulders and glutes at the same time. So be done with those out of date, time wasting, back breaking, ineffective situps.
For Those Wanting to Know the Science Behind Metafit
- It is not perfomed in the ‘fat burning zone’, it is designed to deplete glycogen stores in muscles to maximise Excess Post Exercise Oxygen Consumption (EPOC) to burn fat after the session (during recovery).
- You will not burn fat during your session, this happens in the after burn
- You will increase your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) and preserve muscle mass which is the single most effective way of burning fat.
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
- RMR accounts for 65 – 75% of calories burned throughout the day
- The majority of calories are stored as fat and used at rest
- Increasing your RMR is the best way to increase your fat burning potential
- After a Metafit workout, your RMR will remain elevated for a minimum of 24 hours (the after burn) and up to 72 hours!
What Happens to Your Body in the After Burn?
After a High Intensity Workout, the body must:
- Regulate body temperature
- Return cardiovascular and respiratory systems to rest
- Replenish glycogen stores in muscles
- Begin protein synthesis and use hormones to return body to an anabolic state
- Return body to homeostasis
The Role of Lean Muscle in RMR
- 1/2kg of lean muscle requires 50 calories per day to maintain
- Increasing lean muscle mass increases calorie output and metabolism
- People lose 2 – 4% of their lean muscle mass every 10 years after the age of 25 and as a result their metabolism slows down by 5% every 10 years